|Horse Power||50 HP to 300 HP|
Colt screw compressors are state-of- the-art new generation twin-screw oil injected machines with open-drive specially designed & developed for refrigeration & Air-conditioning applications. Compression is obtained by intermeshing rotors of asymmetric profile, the rotors turn in an outward direction forcing the male & female flutes to un-mesh allowing the gas to enter the top of the machine. The gas will travel around the outside of the rotor until ii reaches the bottom where compression actually occurs; the gas is released through the opening in the discharge port. The Rotor used in Colt compressors is of 4+6 SRM asymmetric profile.Lubricating System:
- Oil separation system-efficient multi stage coalescing system is separate from the compressor. Serviceable without removing compressor, chiller, condenser. The oil carries over is maximum 5 PPm
- Intergral built in oil heater maintains oil temperature for start up
- Rotary oil pumps ensure positive lubrication to bearings for start up screw refrigeration compressor
Open drive positive displacement oil injected, twin Rotary suitable for low evaporation temperature up to minus 50 degree centigrade.Casting:
Made from graded gray iron, Stress relieved & machined on CNC Machines.Rotors:
Machined from High tensile carbon steel, on imported Rotor cutting machines, dynamically balanced.Oil Cooling:
- Water Cooling of Lub. Oil is standard with shell and tube type heat exchanger.
- Liquid Refrigerant Injection system available on demand.
- Generously oversized cylindrical roller bearing on the suc-tion end for radial loads and double row taper roller bearings on discharge end for radial and axial thrust. screw refrigeration compressor Choice of Refrigerant
- Flexibility in meeting environment requirements, R22/R717 are the commonly used refrigerants.
- Suitable for other new generation Refrigerants like R-134a/R404a and other refrigerants also.
Mechanical balanced, face type with Rotating Carbon Steel and oil Lubricated. The shaft seal is replaceable without re-moving the compressor or Motor.Capacity Control:
A built-in slide below the rotors provides steeples capacity control down to 10%, of full load capacity, which results in considerable saving on power. The slides move to and from by an inbuilt hydraulic cylinder. Automatic control adjusts the position of the slide to reduce/increase the capacity of the compressor to match with the varying requirements.Compressor/Motor drive couplings:
Spacer type two-piece flexible coupling with metallic elements allow for in place replacement of coupling & compressor seal.Drive Motor:
Two pole, SPDP or TEFC 3 phase 50 cycles 415 volts class ‘F’ insulations foot mounted as per IS-325Economizer:
These compressors also have a side port for Economizer or sub cooling Circuits Used for low & ultra-low temperature. This feature is only available in Screw compressors. Refer chart.Booster:
For low temperatures a combination of two screw compressor is used where in the first compressor is known as booster compress-sor. The discharge of this compressor approximately at 25 psi, is intercooled & sent to the High stage compressor. The Boosters are good power saver & are widely used in tunnel freezers.Controls:
Easy to use microprocessor controls. Single function keypad with a large character backlit displays exactly data you need.